Mr. Buddy 5/1/93 - 1/24/05
Jan. 24th, 2005 08:09 pmMr. Buddy was one of the sweetest cats you could ever wish for. He was born on May Day in 1993 in San Francisco, and I picked him and his brother up when I was down there for a, um, probably, Westercon. So he was transplanted to Seattle.
He ate cantalope and grapes with me, and would come running when the fridge opened, once he found out it was the unlimited source of all food. He would stalk the red laser pinpoint of light, and the store bought mice lasted about ten minutes when I got them home.
His purr was bigger than his meow, and he had golden eyes. He was a black cat, as most of mine are.
As though enough weren't going on recently, he died this morning after having diabetes for 3 months, and something more serious, probably cancer, in the last month or so.
He was the best Buddy ever. I'll miss him.
*******************
In more news, I'm now back on line after being off most of the last 3 months. Maybe this time it will take, as I have a new modem. I'm too tired to read through or post much, but maybe I'll be more present now. Who knows.
He ate cantalope and grapes with me, and would come running when the fridge opened, once he found out it was the unlimited source of all food. He would stalk the red laser pinpoint of light, and the store bought mice lasted about ten minutes when I got them home.
His purr was bigger than his meow, and he had golden eyes. He was a black cat, as most of mine are.
As though enough weren't going on recently, he died this morning after having diabetes for 3 months, and something more serious, probably cancer, in the last month or so.
He was the best Buddy ever. I'll miss him.
*******************
In more news, I'm now back on line after being off most of the last 3 months. Maybe this time it will take, as I have a new modem. I'm too tired to read through or post much, but maybe I'll be more present now. Who knows.
no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 04:34 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 04:36 am (UTC)And there are hugs enclosed if you can use some. I remember saying goodbye to various cats.
no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 04:51 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 05:02 am (UTC){{{{hugs}}}}
no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 07:12 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 07:28 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 07:37 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 08:26 am (UTC)I remember you saying that my little Elby reminded you of Mr. Buddy when she died last summer.
Yukino's (in the icon) sitting in my lap as I write this, so learning about your loss is doubly hard.
no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 04:29 pm (UTC)My sympathies!
no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 05:32 pm (UTC)Holding you in my heart ...
no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 05:41 pm (UTC)It's so hard to lose a friend. My condolences.
no subject
Date: 2005-01-25 09:33 pm (UTC)Good luck, Mr. Buddy
Date: 2005-01-26 02:03 am (UTC)Console yourself with the knowledge that Mr. Buddy was loved, and had a good home and comfortable life.
B.
no subject
Date: 2005-01-26 11:46 pm (UTC)We give our love to such fragile beings. And they return it, but disappear so rapidly. My sorrow to you and buddy.
*thank you* for your work with Anna.
*hug*